Match report

Season Date Round Venue
2022 U8 18th June 10:00am League Round 7 WWSC Modified 1
Match report
Hahndorf travelled to Woodside and were met with a glorious winters day.

Woodside Blue came out strong and really pushed the Hahndorf defense early. Miles Hennessy cleared the ball from the defensive end with a few long kicks that went sailing over the heads of the Woodside players. One of these kicks set Kealan Atkinson up for an attempt on goal. This was closely followed up by shots on goal by Michael Griggs and  Hamish Glynn.

The pressure on the Hahndorf defense continued for the remainder of the first half, with Woodside getting one past the keeper Scout Ramsey. This goal strengthened the resolve of the Hahndorf defense, with Hennessy and Harris Parkyn keeping the pressure on Woodside and Ramsey having two spectacular diving saves. Woodside did manage to sneak another goal through late in the first half.

After a few orange slices and a shuffle of positions, Hahndorf came out ready to play in the second half.

Sam Gardner donned the keepers gloves and was immediately greeted with some strong attacking play from Woodside. Gardner made a great save early, with awesome support from Charlie Roeszler. Despite the continued strong defense from Hahndorf, Woodside managed to get another one into the back of the net.

 Parkyn made some fast moves forward which really turned up the pressure on the Woodside defense. During one of these runs Parkyn had a nasty clash with a Woodside player, which lead to an early substitution with Hennessy coming on in his place. A couple of good throw ins turned the tide for Hahndorf, with some strong attempts on goal by Hennessy and Griggs. Ramsey continued showing her defensive strength, repelling further attacking moves from Woodside.

Late in the second half, Hennessy found a way through the Woodside defense to score the first goal for Hahndorf. This was immediately followed by a strong move forward by Woodside, but the Hahndorf defense held strong. After this Hahndorf really put the pressure on Woodside with multiple shots at goal. An assist from Hennessy led to a fantastic goal by Griggs in the dying minutes.

It was an enjoyable match, with enthusiastic support from spectators on both sides. Big thank you to Nic Parkyn who stepped in as coach in Gerards absence.