Match report

Season Date Round Venue
2019 U10 1st June 11:00am League Round 7 WWSC Modified 2
Match report

This week Nairne travelled to the Woodside Under 10 Reds home ground. With the second week of rostered rotations our normal defense had some new faces of Deagan Arnold and Jordan Vardy.

Woodside dominated from the start and notched up one of our fastest goals that I can remember which set the tone for the morning.


Josh Constable opened the scoring followed by another great goal from Jamie Spooner who is becoming a dangerous right midfielder. Elliot Klein didn’t take long to get on the scoreboard and with a blink of the eye Woodside had 4 goals in the bank.

Nairne had rallied and managed to get forward and unfortunately caught our defense off guard and slotted a goal to pull one back.


Some re-organization and defensive instructions at half time ensured that this was a minor blimp in the morning and the Woodside defense repelled any further attacks and gave Scott Rosenthal an opportunity to rest his sore knee if goals with very few heart palpitations to deal with.

Samuel Trigg and Charlie Barratt chased balls in dispute and provided some good forward attacks for our goal machines. Axel Vassos took a spell from goal keeper duties and quickly put 2 goals past the Nairne goalkeeper to give us a very healthy buffer.


Josh Constable worked tirelessly throughout the game and was everywhere – not only did he drop back into defense he provided some sublime passes to Elliot which resulted in more goals for Woodside. Elliot as usual was involved in action all over the pitch and thoroughly deserved the hattrick of goals.

Deagan played his best game to date for Woodside and shut down any forward attack that threatened our goals.


From the coaches point of view, the passing that the boys did either through normal play or crosses deep into our attacking goal mouth was both magnificent and very pleasing. The defensive work of Jordan and Deagen was solid and Josh Constable not only set goals up he ended up with a double hattrick, a lazy 6 for the morning.

Final score was 12-1. Post game the Nairne coach said “Well played -was there anyone in your team who did not score?!...”